Concours de Courts is an international festival offering the opportunity for short film makers to win several prizes. The Competition is divided into several stages:
- First, amateur or professional filmmakers respond to our call for entries.
- Then, after the selection by people from the film industry, 2 public screenings are organised. The world of short films then becomes accessible to the greatest number of people.
- Finally, the prizes are awarded at the closing ceremony. The jury is made up of leading film professionals.
History of the Festival Concours de Courts
A Festival organised by students
It is within the framework of an academic project set up within the Master 2 Administration and Management of Communication (AGCOM) at the University Toulouse 1 Capitole, that we have been proposing for 19 years now, the realization of a large-scale cultural festival. Initiated in 2003 by Serge Regourd, President of the Culture, Communication and Heritage Commission of the Occitanie region, the Festival Concours de Courts, supported by the association “Réseau Com”, is organised this year by a team of 8 students committed to ensuring its smooth running.
The values of this international festival
Promoting short films and their directors
The Festival keeps on reinventing itself with each edition. Its main mission is to highlight the short film. Indeed, it is an under-represented film genre. The Festival gives amateurs and professional videographers on an international scale the opportunity to win various prizes.
Democratising knowledge and access to short films
Each year, the free nature of the event attracts a large audience and democratises access to short films. The public actively participates in the competition by voting for the winning short film.
A film festival that is gaining in notoriety
The 19th edition is :
- More than 250 short films received for the call for entries
- 15 nationalities represented
- Total of 320 spectators during the 3 projections.